Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Social Media Friends: Ravelry



Today I am over at the Train to Crazy for Andrea's Social Media Friends series. Each week she is featuring a different social medium and this week it is ravelry.com

What is Ravelry? ...from the Ravelry site... "Ravelry is a place for knitters, crocheters, designers, spinners, weavers and dyers to keep track of their yarn, tools, project and pattern information, and look to others for ideas and inspiration... Ravelry is a great place for you to keep notes about your projects, see what other people are making, find the perfect pattern and connect with people who love to play with yarn from all over the world in our forums."

I learned how to knit in 4th and 5th grade summer school, did a few knitting projects, even knitted myself 3 sweaters during High School and early college. Then I didn't touch any knitting needles until I was pregnant with my daughter and joined ravelry in 2007 the same year it began. At Ravelry my username is saganaga and you can click here to see my projects page.

If you like yarn, knitting, crochet, then I highly recommend joining the Ravelry community if you haven't already. And if you are already at Ravelry be sure to check out the Social Media Friends post about Ravelry, link up and make some new friends :)