Monday, October 7, 2013

Rainbowy Crafty Set

 This was a fun project... planning and making a girl birthday gift in bright rainbowy colors (as well as beige linen).
 First up, I sewed an open wide zippered pouch (medium size, the inside is lined with beige linen).
 I bought a 6-pack of gel pens and sewed up a coordinating gel pen organizer, following this pen wrap and roll tutorial.
I also sewed a rainbowy pin cushion which is super quick and easy. Cut 6 rainbow colors 2 inches by 3 inches, beige linen 3 inches by 7 inches, sew together with .5 inch seam allowances, leave 1-2 inch opening, turn right side out, fill with stuffing, and hand stitch opening closed.
 And lastly I put together a simple sewing kit in a (Bonne Maman) jar. I found that idea here.
All of the items fit inside the zippered pouch and made a crafty set.

I would really like to try to make more birthday gifts in the future.

Have a sweet day.