Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Ugly Duckling Vintage Pattern Party

Ugly Duckling Vintage Pattern by nest full of eggs
 I'm joining in on the fun over at Simple Simon and Company's "Ugly Duckling" Vintage Pattern Party. I'm linking up the above Very Easy Very Vogue that I'm almost certain is from the 1980s with the super wide shoulder padded shoulders. I think it is ugly because it looks like a plastic shopping bag that literally hangs on the body, it has absolutely no shape whatsoever. But I wanted to let you know the good news, you don't need this sewing pattern to achieve the same look. All you have to do is gather a plastic shopping bag... take a scissors and cut open the bottom.
nest full of eggs
 Then slip it on. Voila!
nest full of eggs
 I have some more ugly vintage patterns to share with you... ugly wide and loud ties, that go up to 5 inches wide!
nest full of eggs
 Sometimes the ugly is more the styling... ugly sideburns and mustache.
nest full of eggs
 Shiny green quilted fabric on the far right.
nest full of eggs
 This shoulder-tied dress has a way too high kangaroo pocket.
nest full of eggs
 Am I the only one who thinks E.T. is ugly?
nest full of eggs
 This blouse looks like it has too many extra large scarves tied around the neck.
nest full of eggs
Actually, in my own personal opinion, I think the winner of the ultimate ugly pattern would be this crochet afghan poncho for a man! Too funny!